Nevada Remedies; Special Actions and Proceedings

Sec. § 31A.150
Other sources of money from which support may be withheld; duty of public entity upon receipt of notice to withhold.


Money may be withheld for the support of a child pursuant to NRS 31A.025 to 31A.190, inclusive, from any money:


Due to:


The obligor as a pension, an annuity, unemployment compensation, a benefit because of disability, retirement or other cause or any other benefit;


The obligor as a return of contributions and interest; or


Some other person because of the death of the obligor,
Ê from the State, a political subdivision of the State or an agency of either, a public trust, corporation or board or a system for retirement, disability or annuity established by any person or a statute of this or any other state, whether the money is payable periodically or in a lump sum; or


Due to the obligor as a judgment, a settlement or the prize from any contest or lottery, from any person or other entity, whether the money is payable periodically or in a lump sum.


When a certified copy of a notice to withhold income is delivered by certified mail, return receipt requested, to a person or other entity described in subsection 1, the person or other entity must comply with the request and pay to the enforcing authority the amounts withheld as required in the notice to withhold income.

Last accessed
Feb. 5, 2021