Nevada Juvenile Justice

Sec. § 63.450
When alternative to commitment or placement must be recommended to juvenile court.

The Administrator of the Division of Child and Family Services shall recommend to the juvenile court a suitable alternative to the commitment or placement of a child in a facility if:


The superintendent of the facility reports that such a commitment or placement is unsuitable; and


At the time of commitment or placement or after entering the facility, the child appears to be:


An improper child to be retained in the facility; or


So incorrigible or so incapable of reformation under the discipline of the facility as to render the child’s detention detrimental to the interests of the facility.

Last accessed
Feb. 5, 2021