Nevada Remedies; Special Actions and Proceedings

Sec. § 41.295
Verified petition.


Any parent of an unemancipated minor desiring to have the name of the minor changed may file a verified petition with the clerk of the district court of the district in which the minor resides.


The petition shall be addressed to the court and shall state:


The minor’s present name;


The name which the minor will bear in the future;


The reason for desiring the name change;


The consent of the minor, if over the age of 14 years;


The verified consent, if any, of the other parent;


The name and address of the other parent, if known; and


Whether the minor has been convicted of a felony.

Last accessed
Feb. 5, 2021