NRS 41.2993
Verified petition.


An attorney representing an unemancipated minor in the legal custody of an agency which provides child welfare services who desires to have the name of the minor changed may file a verified petition with the clerk of the district court of the district in which the minor resides.


The petition must be addressed to the court and must state:


The unemancipated minor’s present name;


The name which the unemancipated minor will bear in the future;


The reason for desiring the name change;


The consent of the unemancipated minor, if over the age of 14 years;


The verified consent, if any, of one or both parents of the unemancipated minor;


The name and address of each parent of the unemancipated minor, if known; and


Whether the unemancipated minor has been convicted of a felony.

Source: Section 41.2993 — Verified petition., https://www.­leg.­state.­nv.­us/NRS/NRS-041.­html#NRS041Sec2993.

Last Updated

Jun. 24, 2021

§ 41.2993’s source at nv​.us