Nevada Remedies; Special Actions and Proceedings

Sec. § 41.270
Verified petition.

Any natural person, except an unemancipated minor, desiring to have his or her name changed may file a verified petition with the clerk of the district court of the district in which the person resides. The petition must be addressed to the court and must state the applicant’s present name, the name which the applicant desires to bear in the future, the reason for desiring the change and whether the applicant has been convicted of a felony and include a statement signed under penalty of perjury that the applicant is not changing his or her name for a fraudulent purpose. If the applicant has a criminal record, the petition must be accompanied by a complete set of the applicant’s fingerprints taken in the manner prescribed by the Director of the Department of Public Safety.

Last accessed
Feb. 5, 2021